Skip to main content

Loan Repayment Difficulties

We acknowledge that circumstances can lead to difficulties in keeping up with repayments. Our promise is to collaborate with you and explore potential solutions to make your repayments more manageable. If you are currently in arrears or concerned about falling behind, we urge you to reach out to us before a minor issue escalates into a major problem

Contact us

It’s important that you reach out to us as soon as you can if you’re behind on your payments. By doing so, we can work together to find a way to settle the outstanding amount.

You can call us directly on 064-6695551 or email us at Lines are open Monday to Thursday, 9 – 5:30pm Friday, 9-5:00 PM (excluding bank holidays).

You may wish to contact the Money Advice & Budgeting Service (MABS). It is a national, free, confidential and independent service for people in debt or in financial difficulty. Contact 0818 07 2000 (Monday to Friday 9am – 8pm), or visit their website at

Making a Complaint to Smart Loans

If our products or services fail to meet your expectations, you have the right to lodge a complaint. We value your feedback and will make every effort to address your concerns promptly and fairly. Throughout the process, we will keep you informed of our progress.

To submit a complaint to SmartLoans, please follow the outlined process below:

Once we receive your complaint, we will make every effort to resolve it as quickly as possible. However, if the issue is complex, it may require additional time for investigation. In such cases, we will contact you by phone or in writing within five working days to provide updates on the progress and inform you of the person handling your complaint.

Alternative methods to make a complaint or contact us:

  • Call us at 064 6695552: You can reach us by phone at this number.
  • Write to our Head Office: Address your complaint in writing and send it to 177 New St, Monearmore, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93 YCY5.

If you are dissatisfied with our final response:

If our final response does not meet your satisfaction, you have the option to refer your complaint to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO), an independent body. The FSPO will request that you first raise your complaint with us before involving them and will ask for a copy of our final response letter.

You can contact the FSPO by emailing  or by calling 01 567 7000. Additional information about the FSPO is available on their website at